Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Port Chuck Fan Profile #3 @SUSEYE

Of course it all really started with the best soap (in my opinion) ever made called "General Hospital"! I have
been watching for decades and for the last 9 yrs. even got my husband Denny into watching it! We haven't
missed an episode and we tape it every day!

Fast forward to Twitter...when I first got on the site I made some friends immediately, and it was great to be
able to talk to and meet people with the same interests. I searched for other GH fans and from there
it just blossomed...and the best part...the actors from GH joined Twitter too! Steve Burton was the first person I
"met" on Twitter and bless his big heart, he responds to everyone as best he can!! Yes, he tweets his fans back and
boy does he get "bombarded"!!! When I first started tweeting w/Steve he only had 4,000 followers, lol "only"!
Now I believe he is now up to around 40,000 followers but still continues to answer his fans - turned friends on Twitter.
He even wished my twins a Happy Birthday and remembered their names!

Finally, he was appearing by himself in Chicago (Vernon Hills, IL) Feb. 12, 2010. My husband who, by this time, had
become a major "Jason" fan, took me to see and MEET Steve Burton in person! We were amazed at how absolutely
friendly he was and so incredibly generous with his time! He had his picture taken by everyone...the time he spent with
his fans shows how much he appreciates each and every one! So, after 2 years of tweeting w/Steve Burton, other stars
from the show joined Twitter, and while some of them also write their fans, Steve has remained the most committed and
"patient" I have ever seen!

In 2010 Port Chuck Band was announced and it grew so big and fast it has been. unreal! Port Chuck (for those who don't already know)
include Steve Burton (Jason Morgan of General Hospital) and 3 other actors from the show; Scott Reeves (Dr. Steven Weber),
Brandon Barash (Johnny Zaccara) and Bradford Anderson (Damien Spinelli, Jason's li'l buddy and super-hacker :)
...Together they make up "PORTCHUCK"... (a nickname good ol' Luke Spencer liked to jokingly call the city of "Port Charles" where
the show General Hospital takes place...and has for over 40 years! What a perfect name for the band!! The guys put on
an amazingly electric and super exciting show and I love the way they "interact" with their fans! These guys are unreal!
I was fortunate enough to get to meet them this past April, 2011 at the same place I met Steve Burton last year at Zanie's Comedy Club
in Vernon Hills, Illinois. I was exhausted after the show...I think almost as much as the guys themselves, lol!!!

So, my friend, that is my story about this fantastic wonderful #1 new band we have all grown to LOVE and not be able to get enough of...
..."PORT CHUCK"!!! :D

I hope my "story" helps you and that it is something you can use for your FANSofPORTCHUCK site, as I have been there for the WHOLE ride...
...and enjoy every minute of it! Tweeting w/the guys, the exciting times of rocking with them and ESPECIALLY meeting them all in person and
having our pictures taken together!

I am known as "SUSEYE" on Twitter, (a nickname my father called me that I use to honor him after his unexptected passing in 2005)
but I go by Sue or Susan...the mother of the boy/girl twins Jake and Danielle...who are also PortChuck, GH and Steve Burton fans! They were so
excited when Steve Burton made us our awesome Personal Video greeting and mentioned both of their names! :)

Anyways, I have also included the following pics for you:

Here is a pic of Steve, Brandon, Bradford and Scott singing their hearts out in "Chi-Town April, 2011: Port Chuck,Steve Burton,Scott Reeves,Brandon Barash,Bradford Anderson
Steve, Brandon, Bradford and Scott singing their hearts out...WE LOVE PORT CHUCK!!

-Here is another pic of PORTCHUCK; (left to right) Bradford, Scott, Brandon, me, Steve & my hubby Denny after the awsome show
in Chicago April, 2011: Port Chuck,Steve Burton,Scott Reeves,Brandon Barash,Bradford Anderson

These guys put on a great show & involve their fans, making it all the more exciting!!! PORTCHUCK ROCKS!

-Here I am in my Portchuck T-shirt during the show at Zanies in Chi-town April 21, 2011: PORT CHUCK FAN

So, in closing, I must leave much love and thanks to the talented guys from GH and who totally rock as the "PORTCHUCK" BAND;
..Steve Burton, Scott Reeves, Brandon Barash and Bradford Anderson...LOVE THEM ALL, LOVE GH AND I LOVE PORTCHUCK!

Yours Sincerely,

~"SUSEYE" from Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment